Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

6 1/2 weeks old!

Here is an email I sent out last week and because I don't have everyone's email addresses I thought I'd post it here...

I apologize for not updating the blog sooner... I have been busy with Christmas Shopping in the afternoons and Sophia keeps me hopping when she's awake during the day!

Sophia is 6 1/2 weeks... time is flying by! She is sleeping much better. Will usually go down about 7:30-8pm and will wake between midnight and 1am for feed then go back down until 4:30-5:30am. She'd like to start her day around then, however I'm not quite ready!! I can usually get her back down around after an hour and a bit and she and I will sleep until Daddy goes to work at 8:00.

She is starting to smile alot and has even giggled for her Daddy. She LOVES to watch her big sister... and inturn Anika LOVES to play with Sophia and has become a really good babysitter when Mommy needs to jump into the shower in the morning. Anika was amazed that Sophia wasn't going to bite her fingers off when she tried to put her soother back in, so as soon as Sophia starts to fuss, big sister flies in and comes to the rescue! Anika also asked if she could change Sophia's diaper, even after hearing the horror stories of Sophia pooping all over Mommy and even Gramma!! I wish I had my camera with me when the diaper changed happened because Anika was holding her nose with one hand and wiping Sophia's bum with the other! All went well and I'm sure it won't be long before she asks to do it again. Anika also likes to hold Sophia and burp her after she has had a snack! She's such a proud big sister, always kissing and hugging her baby, and singing songs about Sophia! Who would have thought she'd love a baby as much as she does now, when 8 months ago she was mad because she didn't want a sibbling!

I had Sophia weighed yesterday at the clinic and our little pork chop is 10lbs 7oz!! She has nearly gained 4lbs in 6 weeks!! She still has all her dark brown hair, blue eyes, and her skin has stayed a nice olive color. Its nice that she got something from my side of the family... hopefully she keeps the nice dark skin like my Dad had. Speaking of her olive skin... Anika asked us "why isn't Sophia's skin white like mine, Mommy's or Daddy's"!!! LOL..

Well that's about it. Will update soon! We are going to see Santa, hopefully Friday morning. Will post the picture of the girls as soon as I get it scanned :)

Click on the photo to enlarge

No comments: