Seems like he feels that me being at work and everything that I'm experiencing with the shortness of breath, chest pains, restless legs/body, sciatic nerve problem are not good for me or the baby so he has pulled me from work for at least 1 week. Adrian came to my appointment with me because we both feared that I might just brush all of this under the table and not mention anything. Immediately after telling him all of this he said that I am living my life as tho I'm not pregnant, in terms of my limitations. He said to us.. "I don't know what kind of personality you have, but you have to stop trying to please everyone around you, and let people take care of you.... you are growing a baby inside of you. You don't want your stress level to get to a point where you can't function properly at home or at work, and you are snapping and biting everyone's head off." My husband replies in the background..."too late!", and I follow up with "I should have brought my 5 year old daughter, who has told everyone that we are living in different houses!"
Time to change the topic...
Yesterday was Anika's last day at daycare. I was sooo sad for her. She has made a lot of really good friends at WPCC. I hate that she is going to lose that relationship with them. She loved little Nathan (who was a little guy who always got blamed for things that went wrong). She was the only one who was able to calm him down when he went hystarical. Sierra is going to miss her. Poor Sierra was soooo sad the first week when her Mom left her at the daycare, and litle Miss Anika, held her hand and told her "Its ok... I'll play with you... its fun here! Just stay by me." Then there are the 3 some of Emily, Erin and Anika. 5 year old little girls, who couldn't wait to play with each other everyday. She loved her teachers and her teachers loved her. How could we possibly thank everyone of them there who played a little part in Anika's daycare world. When I asked Anika what she'd like to do for her last day of daycare... she wanted to bring candy. LOL... Picture 18 2-5 year olds hopped up on a sugar rush... those teachers would have been diggin' into their little brown paper bags, needing a drink real quick. So I suggested a pizza party! Well.. it was a hit. We ordered 4 large pizza's and had them delivered for lunch. I think for Anika this was her gift of saying thank you... to each of them, who touched her little world in a different way. When she came home I looked out the window, and saw her skipping up the driveway, gift bag in hand and a crown on her head... It then hit me that she's going to be ok... she has her friends on Burmac Road, who were waiting for her when she pulled up. She will be starting a new chapter in her life, going to school, and making new life long friends... just like I did when I started school. So... Cheer's Anika... I am so proud of you... so proud of what you have accomplished as a 5 year old!
This next week is all about me, and bringing my stress level down. It is about me reconnecting with my family, my daughter and most of all with my little baby that is growing inside of me.
Sorry this is such an emotional post... but it had to be done.
Cheers :)





No comments:
Post a Comment