Lilypie 6th to 18th Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 06, 2007

My trip to Labor & Delivery...

This little lady that I am housing is really giving me A LOT of grief... and she's not even here yet!

Tuesday night I went to bed, only to wake up at 1:30am in an unbelieveable amount of pain on my right side, high up just under my ribs. I tried to reposition myself and fall back asleep but it didn't work. I couldn't get comfortable. I headed downstairs and flipped on the tv. I couldn't sit without being in pain, or lay down. What is going on? Maybe a shower or bath would work. I started up the water and layed in the tub for 30 or so minutes hoping it might relax me. As time went on I became more and more uncomfortable. I finally woke Adrian up at 2:40 and told him I think something is wrong with me... not the baby as she was moving around. I looked on-line to see what it might be. There was a variety of things but the one thing that caught my eye was appendicitis (sp??)... it described the pain as a stabbing, burning sensation and that is exactly what I was feeling and it didn't let up at all. Adrian and I talked for a bit, and decided I should call the OB on call. The Dr called me back right away, and thought it would be a good idea for me to come in and be checked especially if the pain was getting worse.

By the time we dropped Anika off at my Mom's and got to the hospital it was around 4:30am. They hooked me up to the monitor to make sure that I wasn't contracting (which I was sure I wasn't), and waited for the dr to come in. She did a few physical tests on me, and waited for my urine analysis to come back from the lab. A few hours went by and still no answer. Finally my nurse came back and said that they had lost the first urine sample, and they wanted to send a new one off to be tested. By 9:00, another OB came into see me, and said that they had ruled out problems with the kidneys, gall bladder, and that my u/a came back ok, so it wasn't appendicitis.... THANK GOD! However my little girl is laying horizontally across my belly which is stretching and pushing on my oblique muscles which is very painful. We will know more on Monday when my fetal assessment is done, however the OB felt that with the baby laying sideways that the chances of my placenta moving up was probably pretty low. Her head is pretty much blocking it from moving up, and the placenta is preventing her from turning head down... bugger!

I am feeling better, however the pain seemed to be back last night. Not sure why its only happening in the evening, but with some tylenol and a shower right before bed, I was able to bunker down and get a little bit of sleep.

Ciao for now...
Me

No comments: